Thursday, September 27, 2007

Worth The Read - "I Shut Down The Little Rock Airport"

Eileen Blass of USA Today writes

Airline travel is a pain these days. I have been a staff photographer with USA TODAY for the last 18 years and I fly frequently. I've had my share of airport delays. Haven't we all? Lost luggage, long security lines, canceled flights, the works. Since 9/11, the two words I have heard most are "bag check". My travels on Friday August 24, 2007 gave the words "bag check" a whole new meaning. ...After checking in at the Delta counter,...I was enjoying my roast beef sandwich, when 20 minutes into our meal we --- and all others in the restaurant --- were told to leave immediately and proceed to the terminal exit. ...I was standing in the parking lot...Who was that official with Andrea...I was ready to ask questions, but he had a few for me. "Are you Eileen Blass" Yup, I said. "Are you flying out on Delta?" Uh huh. "Did you check a large black bag?" Yes. Then I heard my heartbeat in my head. Andrea and I looked at each other. Huh? This was my entire fault?




(Comments, if any after the Jump)


Please post your comments by clicking the link below. If you've got questions, please pose them in our Photo Business Forum Flickr Group Discussion Threads.

5 comments:

Paul - SteelerDirtFreak said...

Wow, last place I expected to see a stolen image...
The disillusions roll on...

Anonymous said...

this use would fall under fair use, however it would be a nice gesture for John to host the photo on his own server which is the problem here I'm certain.

Anonymous said...

Before you jump to any conclusions - how about questioning the source!

Go to Sportsshooter.com and see that the link John provided to that image is also saying - IMAGE STOLEN FROM WWW.SPORTSSHOOTER.COM

And if you're too frickin lazy to look it up - here is the link: http://www.sportsshooter.com

Anonymous said...

Actually the image

http://www.sportsshooter.com/pix/sslogo6.gif

is the SportsShooter logo, which is correct, they are just denying referrers. It works if you copy and paste it into the browser directly.

When you go directly to the page (in safari) you see the image from your local cache. Click refresh and the correct image loads.

John Harrington said...

thanks all...I fixed it, and did a post about it.

Newer Post Older Post