Friday, February 2, 2007

Primer & Refresher: Terms & Conditions

The Question comes in often enough...I need a contract, or I don't understand how to put a contract together. Well, here's my solution: I will deconstruct my original contract, term-by-term, and parse what each piece of it means. Sometimes in excruciatingly painful detail. For those of you who don't know how to write them, well, this is a primer. For those of you who do, it's a nice refresher.

Once you know exactly what each term means, you can effectively communicate to the client why it's all there, demystifying it for them (and yes, yourself). So, sit back, and relax. This isn't coming immediately, and there are nearly 20 T&C to review. Further, the T&C will be interspersed with other posts. Some of the terms are easier than others. BUT, I have added a new label "Terms and Conditions" so, after the fact, you can pull up all of them at once and review them at your leisure. Further, you can use the comments section to pose questions that either I, or others can can answer. If it's a great question, or one that helps the clarification, I will go in and edit the post to make that more clear.

I won't go over the front of an estimate (atleast not just yet), this is about the back side, the "fine print" as some might say. The First one's easy, but I will put that in a seperate post!


Please post your comments by clicking the link below. If you've got questions, please pose them in our Photo Business Forum Flickr Group Discussion Threads.

2 comments:

ruthdeb said...

Great idea for a series. Looking forward to learning your thoughts on this topic.

Unknown said...

Sounds like an excellent series of posts. We're waiting with bated breath.

Newer Post Older Post