Thursday, November 8, 2007

Speedlinks for 11/8/07

Today's Speedlinks.

  • Branding & Marketing - If you ever wondered what the difference was between PR, marketing, branding, and advertising, in 30 seconds, the visuals on this blog posting will illustrate it for you.

  • The worst way to shake hands - Honestly, I meet so many people who just are so mamby-pamby with their handshakes, this article is great and should be read, even by those who think they are good hand-shakers!

  • If Athletes Can Have Coaches, Photographers Can Have Mentors - A few excerpts - "...excellent athletes have personal coaches...even when their professional credentials are well-established...Certainly athletes see the value. Business leaders often have mentors to whom they turn for career advice regularly. If high-powered people like these see some value in coaching relationships, maybe they are on to something photographers can steal for themselves."
Now go! Check 'em out, and come back soon!
Please post your comments by clicking the link below. If you've got questions, please pose them in our Photo Business Forum Flickr Group Discussion Threads.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

While I am not a professional photographer, in that is how I make most of my income (I sell a few prints at gallery etc.) I do enjoy reading your articles as especially as they relate to copyrights and I hold strong views on this subject myself as I like to control all aspects of my art.

I have also enjoyed reading your articles about Getty and this is my real tie in here.

Just out of the blue as I have never visited Getty images I get this email with a weird photo of a guy grossly eating spaghetti that I can buy images from Getty for $49.

They must really be desperate if they extract my email form somewhere.

Niels Henriksen

http://www.niels-henriksen.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Handshakes are right on the money. I can tell so much from a hand-shake, Often times, I am able to read who the person is and a bad handshake tell me everything I need to know about them.

For those who do not know. If you meet a Native-American, the handshake is softer not grip hard. Still full contact but a not overpowering.

Anonymous said...

compaq pp2060 battery
compaq nc6000 battery
compaq nc8000 battery

Newer Post Older Post