Monday, January 12, 2009

Inaugural 'Pre-Game' Behind-The-Scenes Video

Every four years since 1992 I have had the privilege (and responsibility) of photographing the inauguration of the President of the United States. This year, I've taken some time to document what goes into the assignment, from swearing-in to reviewing stand.

Related links:
Behind the Scenes at the State of the Union, 2008
Behind the Scenes - John McCain's Virginia Win, 2008

(Comments, if any, after the Jump)



Please post your comments by clicking the link below. If you've got questions, please pose them in our Photo Business Forum Flickr Group Discussion Threads.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting video. Thanks!

CJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Very interesting especially for all those covering the event. The bridges, the bridges! Now I know I need to stay in DC or be shut out. That information was gold!
Hmm, a space heater and your garage maybe?

Anonymous said...

I loved this post. Before I started my photography business I worked for the U.S.Senate's Radio and TV Correspondents' Gallery and did logistics for George W. Bush's 2nd Inaugural. I was amazed not only by the wonderful still photographers I met, but by their ability to do their art under some tough conditions. I can't wait to see your photos and one day maybe I'll be back at an Inauguration as a photographer!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing another one of the beyond the scenes videos. They are always educational in terms of knowing everything which goes into planning for a large event like this.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot John for your coverage and your time spent creating this for us.

Pietro Bianchi from Italy

Anonymous said...

Wow.......1000's of media and they all get almost the same picture...........big deal.

I wonder how many of those guys have health insurance that is going to keep them alive after waiting for hours for that same photo exposed to the freezing temps outside.

Newer Post Older Post